After running numerous track days and time trial events with the AutoXandTrack 68 Camaro it was time to get something a little more serious. The Camaro will always be a pro touring street car with all of the compromises thereof. This Road Race 67 Mustang is all about track time and safety with no compromises made for streetability. Outside of the Optima Ultimate Street Car events this will be the defacto road course car for AutoXandTrack. We will be using this for track days, time trial events, and wheel to wheel racing. Initially, this car will be raced with the Vintage Auto Racing Association with an eye towards making it legal for NASA American Iron.
Finally, got the car back together after doing a complete refresh of the motor and took it to an Autocross to shake it down.
Most of the below pics of the Mustang are from that fateful day. Taken by my friend Arlo of Aseyeseethings.
- SBF 351 W stroked to 408″ with an Eagle stroker kit
- AFR 185 heads with Scorpion roller rockers
- Crane solid roller cam with Comp cams enduro roller lifters
- Edelbrock air gap intake
- 650 Holley Carburetor
- MSD ignition
- Oil cooler
- Edelbrock alum water pump
- Canton 8 qt T pan
- Mac shorty headers with Flowmaster mufflers
Trans and drive train
- Aluminum flywheel
- Centerforce LMC clutch (this thing is awesome!)
- Tremec 3550 TKO trans
- pro 5.0 shifter
- Aluminum drive shaft
- Coleman IMCA light weight full floater rear housing
- 9″ Strange engineering center section with 3.50 gears and a Detroit locker
- Stock upper A arms Modified to roller bearing inner shafts and pro motorsport neg wedge balljoints. Shelby 1″ relocation of mounting point
- 70 Mustang spindles
- Global west lower arms
- QA 1 Aluminum double adjustable coil over shocks mounted to the lower control arm
- 475lb springs
- 1 1/8 front sway bar
- Flaming river rack and pinion
- Brembo 4 piston caliper with vented 13.5″ Brembo rotors (may be swapping these for Wilwood front brakes)
- Cobra Automotive road race rear springs with slider box rear mount.
- All star 3rd link spring snubbed. QA 1 90 10 brake snubbing shock
- Koni adjustable rear shocks.
- Wilwood 4 piston unilite calipers with 12″ .825 rotors
- All metal body except for the fiberglass hood
- Widebody flares front and rear
- Full roll cage with NASCAR style driver side door bars. Roll cage tied into front shock towers,
- Lexan glass, front and rear
- Auto-meter tach and Longacre gauges
- Fire extinguisher safety system
- Kirkey racing seats
- Current wheels and tires are 17 x 9 Torque Thrust with Falken RT615K+