In 10 years of ownership the AutoXandTrack Pro Touring Camaro has undergone three major suspension changes. It started with attending my first track day in 2009 and getting hooked and culminated in V3.0 at the end of 2014. In that time I’ve put over 40,000 miles on the car with over 20,000 miles coming on V3.0 of the car in just a 2 year period. As highlighted in an earlier blog post, 2016 was a great year with fantastic on track success.
AutoXandTrack Pro Touring Camaro Sponsors
- The TCI Engineering front subframe and rear torque arm is the foundation of the suspension. The TCI Engineering pro touring suspension components are what transformed the Camaro into a corner carver more than any other modification. This setup saves significant weight of the factory subframe, radically improves the geometry, adds rack and pinion steering and adds stiffness to the car with integrated subframe connectors. The Camaro is also equipped with the TCI front and rear sway bars.
- Paired nicely with the TCI Engineering suspension are RideTech triple adjustable coil over shocks on all four corners.
Engine & Transmission
- Power is generated via a Mast Motorsports 427 cubic inc LS3 crate motor good for 505 rwhp and 493 rwtq. Additional upgrades include a Vintage Air Front runner system, Spectre Intake and Griffin radiator.
- A rebuilt and upgraded 4th gen Camaro T56 serves up 6 speeds for gear rowing excitement. Joining the engine and transmission is a RAM aluminum flywheel and GM LS7 clutch.
- Carrying the power to the rear end is a 4″ driveshaft by Inland Empire Driveline.
- A Vaporworx fuel module system keeps the engine well supplied with gas.
- Earl’s oil cooler.
- One of the newest upgrades it the Currie Enterprises pro touring full floater 12 bolt. The Currie pro touring floater was released in 2016 and is one of the most durable drive hub setups on the market. Say goodbye to pad knock back from the rear end when running fixed calipers.
- True Track with 3.73 gears.
- Hedman Husler Hedders
- Magnaflow mufflers
- Custom mandrel bent 3″ exhaust all the way to the tail panel
- Complete Wilwood brake package
- 1″ master cylinder
- Superlight 6 piston calipers up front and 4 piston calipers in the rear
- Spec 37 slotted rotors, 14″ up front and 13″ in the rear
Wheels & Tires
- 18×11 DS3 3 piece Foregline Wheels front and rear
- Falken Azenis RT615K+ 315/30/18 front and rear
- Trackspec Motorsports hood louvers: Read the Camaro hood vents install guide
- DSE mini tubs in the rear
- Custom massaged inner fenders in the front
- Spectre Performance front chin spoiler with homemade splitter
- Sparco Evo II FIA certified fixed back seat (driver)
- Driven steering wheel
- Arizen bucket seat (passenger)
- Vintage Air, air conditioning
- Autometer Phantom gauges
- Bluetooth stereo system with subwoofer
- Second Skin sound deadening and sound proofing
Road Course Tracks Driven
As a true pro touring Camaro the car has been driven to and from every single track below without using a trailer.
- Streets of Willow Springs
- Willow Springs Raceway
- Auto Club Speedway
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway outside road course
- Laguna Seca Mazday Raceway
- Thunderhill Raceway – original 3 mile course
- Circuit of the Americas – Only FIA certified F1 track in North America
- Pikes Peak International Raceway
- Adams Motorsports Park
AutoXandTrack Camaro Media Exposure
Multiple appearances in the TV show Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car including driver’s interivew
Wilwood magazine ad campaign appearing in multiple magazines such as Chevy High Performance
Frequent appearances in Fastest Street Car Magazine featuring wins at the NMCA West Autocross
SCCA Sports Car Magazine featuring 2017 CAM Challenge West CAM-T win
ApexJunky Domestic Feature Car December 2015. Pavement Pounding ’68 Camaro Done Right
Super Chevy Magazine January 2015 for the 2014 Suspension Challenge. Torque’d Off – Tested: TCI’s torque arm-based ’68 Camaro The Camaro wasn’t even close to sorted but it placed 2nd!
Popular Hotrodding October 2011 cover shoot and interview. This was V2.0 of the Red Apex Camaro.