A new YouTube episode is up covering the assembly of our 408w engine for the AutoXandTrack 1967 road race Mustang! We turn the short block machined by HPS Performance into a complete engine ready for installation.
Originally, we planned to cover the assembly and installing into the car in a single video. However, despite editing the video way down we are breaking it into multiple parts. Installation into the Mustang and first start will be covered in part 2!
I am trying something new with a longer form vlog style video. Please let me know what you guys think!
408w engine specs
- 74 351w block
- Eagle 408w rotating assembly with KB hypereutectic pistons
- 10:1 compression ratio
- Crane cam duration @.050 246 / 254 lift: .579 / .598
- AFR 185 Cylinder heads
- Scorpion Roller Rockers with 7/16 studs
- Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake
- Holley 650 double pumper carb (was told it was a 750, but checks out as a 650)
- MSD billit distributor
- Canton 9 quart road race oil pan (w/ Morroso oil accumulator)